CHIAPAS & CAMPECHE: Mayan jungle adventure tours
6 DAYS / 5 NIGHTS
Enjoy your vacations with an extraordinary trip to Mexico, in two beautiful states of the south that they are part of the Maya Route.
DAY 1: TOUR TO THE SUMIDERO CANYON – CHIAPA DE CORZO – SAN CRISTOBAL DE LAS CASAS MAGIC TOWN
- 12:30 p.m. Welcome at Tuxtla Gutierrez airport to begin the Chiapas tour. Travel tip: Book your flights in order to arrive to Chiapas between 11:50 and 12:20 hours. Wear comfortable clothes for this day trip to Mexico.
- 1:30 a.m. We will take a lovely boat tour at the Sumidero Canyon, one of the greatest attractions of Chiapas. On the way, you will be able to see wild animals like crocodiles, monkeys, ducks and parrots.
- 3:30 p.m. We continue up the colonial Chiapa de Corzo Magic Town, where there will be time to see the main plaza, the Santo Domingo ex convent, have lunch and taste typical dishes. After that, we will transfer you to the hotel in Tuxtla Gutierrez arriving at 5:30 p.m. approximately.
Lodging in San Cristobal
DAY 2: TOUR TO SAN JUAN CHAMULA AND ZINACANTAN – SAN CRISTOBAL DE LAS CASAS MAGIC TOWN
- Breakfast included. And begin our mayan jungle adventure tours.
- 10:00 a.m. We will continue the Chiapas tour with indigenous communities of San Juan Chamula and Zinacantan to know about their culture and traditions. Inside the Church of San Juan Chamula, we will observe a mystic mixure of indigenous and catholic rites. In Zinacantan we will spend some time with a local family and appreciate their hand made embroideries.
- 1:30 p.m. Return to San Cristobal de las Casas Magic Town. Time for a city tour and visit the the downtown area of this beautiful city, visiting some important places such as The Cathedral, Pace Square, Santo Domingo and the arch called the Arco Del Carmen. Time for lunch and then spare afternoon to stroll through its colorful corridors, buy handicrafts, etc. Hotel in San Cristobal de las Casas.
Lodging in San Cristobal
DAY 3: TOUR TO AGUA AZUL AND MISOL-HA WATERFALLS – PALENQUE
- Breakfast at hotel. This day we will visit beautiful landscapes of Chiapas.
- 8:30 a.m. We will begin this mayan jungle adventure tours in Agua Azul Waterfalls, with a unique beauty, with an intense turquoise color of the water running over limestone. There will be enough time to walk around, swim and freshen up in the crystal water and have lunch. Travel Tip: It is advisable to bring some extra clothes and a personal towel in case you wish to swim.
- 4:00 p.m. We will continue our journey to reach the Misol-Ha Waterfalls, this beautiful 30 meters high and has a path that will take you behind the water curtain and have a singular view of the place. Arrive to Palenque Magic Town at 6:00 p.m. approximately.
Lodging in Palenque
DAY 4: PALENQUE ARCHAEOLOGICAL ZONE – TRANSFER TO XPUJIL – CAMPECHE
- Breakfast at hotel.
- 8:00 a.m. We will visit one of the main tourist attractions of Chiapas: the archaeological zone of Palenque, one of the most important cities of the Mayan Culture. We will explore and walk inside the Skull Temple, Temple of the Inscriptions, Red Queen’s Temple, and Temple of the Crosses as well as the Palenque Principal Palace. There will also be time to visit the site museum, where a replica of the Pakal tomb, one of the principal discoveries of this legendary city.
- After visiting Palenque, we will go to Xpujil town in Campeche where we will continue our tour to Mexico, arriving at 6:30 pm approximately.
Lodging in Xpujil
DAY 5: CALAKMUL ARCHAEOLOGICAL ZONE – LODGING IN XPUJIL
- Breakfast at hotel – 6.00 a.m.
- Departure to the impressive archaeological zone of Calakmul, located inside the Calakmul Biosphere Reserve, where you’ll have time to learn about this important pre-Hispanic site and commune with nature. This site has 6,750 ancient structures, which includes the Gran Pyramid of 55 meters high, a second pyramid that elevates 42 meters, the Prehispanic Ball Game and other important edifications. This ancient Mayan city held a key role in the history of the region for over 12 centuries and is a sign of the political and spiritual development of the Mayan culture that is worth knowing.
- Time for lunch and then we’ll drive you back to the hotel in Xpujil, to rest and continue our trip to Mexico the next day.
Lodging in Xpujil
DAY 6: BACALAR LAGOON – CHETUMAL – END OF TRIP TO MEXICO
- 8:00 am. Depart the hotel and transfer 1 ¾ hours to Bacalar Magic Town. Time to visit the San Felipe Fort. Its construction was thought as a defensive fort to preserve the state against the British attacks, built between 1725 and 1733. Nowadays it shelters in its interior a museum dedicated to the pirates that prowled the Caribbean and the Maya Coast. From its bastions, you will admire a lovely view of the Bacalar Lake.
- 11:00 am. Spare time in Bacalar to have lunch on the lakeside of its beautiful lagoon, also known as the “Laguna de 7 colores”. Enjoy the beautiful landscape with the different shades of colors of the lagoon and connect to the relaxed rhythm of Bacalar Magic Town. If you wonder what else to do in Bacalar: Optional with cost: 2 hours ride in a motor boat that will take you to the Bacalar Lagoon. Enjoy magnificent views of the lagoon. Discover the Black Cenote and its legend. Enjoy a different view of San Felipe Fort and see the pirate channel. You will have time to fresehn up in the crystal clear waters with sight glasses and life jackets included. Note: Bring swimsuit, towel and change of clothes at hand.
- 4:30 pm. Transfer 30 minutes to Chetumal hotel. END OF SERVICES. Optional: Overnight in Bacalar. Contact us to know lodging suggestions.
END OF SERVICES
Chiapas and Campeche, mayan jungle adventure tours includes:
- 5 nights of lodging:
- Two nights in San Cristobal de las Casas
- One nights in Palenque
- Two nights in Xpujil, Campeche
- 5 AMERICAN BREAKFASTS: Bread, butter, fruit, eggs any style, coffee or tea.
- 6 DAYS OF PRIVATE GROUND TRANSPORTATION IN VAN: with a/c, background music and travelers insurance.
- 6 DAYS OF TOURISTIC DRIVER
- ENTRANCE FEES TO THE POINTS OF INTEREST MENTIONED IN THE ITINERARY
- 6 DAYS OF ENGLISH SPEAKING GUIDE
- OPTIONAL: 6 days of a bilingual guide in route or local guides in archeological zones.
This tour not included:
- Air transfers from or to city of origin.
- Any meals or dinners.
- Tips to bellboys, guides, drivers, waiters.
- Additional optional activities or services not mentioned in the itinerary.
THIS PACKAGE IS TAILOR MADE FOR MORE THAN TWO PEOPLE.
SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
FOR PRICES, PLEASE CONTACT US.