Experience sustainable tourism in Chiapas
6 DAYS AND 5 NIGHTS
DAY 1: WELCOME AT TUXTLA GUTIERREZ, CHIAPAS AIRPORT – SUMIDERO CANYON – CHIAPA DE CORZO MAGIC TOWN – SAN CRISTOBAL DE LAS CASAS MAGIC TOWN
- 12:40 p.m. Welcome at Tuxtla Gutierrez airport to begin the tour in Chiapas. We recommend scheduling your flight to Chiapas arriving between 12:00 and 12:20 hours. Transfer to the pier.
- 1:30 p.m. We will take a beautiful boat ride to the majestical Sumidero Canyon on the Grijalva River, one of main natural attractions in Chiapas. On the way, it will be possible to watch different species of birds and with a little bit of luck monkeys and crocodiles.
- 3:30 p.m. We will visit Chiapa de Corzo, a colonial magic town, where you will have time to visit the main plaza, have lunch and taste typical dishes. Transfer you to the hotel in San Cristobal de las Casas to check-in and rest. Arriving at 6:30 p.m. approximately.
4* Hotel: Holiday Inn, Mansion del Valle / VIP HOTEL: Posada Real, Tierra y Cielo
DAY 2: MONTEBELLO LAGOONS – LODGING AT “LAS GUACAMAYAS” CABINS
- Breakfast included. After breakfast get ready to continue living the experience sustainable tourism in Chiapas with incredible natural attractions.
- 8:00 a.m. 2 ½ hours transfer to Montebello Lagoons. Time for visiting Montebello Lagoons. Freshen up or take a raft, or kayak along one of the lakes: Pojoj or Tziscao. Time for lunch at Montebello Lagoons (grilled beef, handmade tortillas, quesadillas).
- 1:00 p.m. Transfer to the Eco touristic center “Las Guacamayas” (3 hours). Lodging at cabins in “Las Guacamayas”
Lodging: Eco touristic center Las Guacamayas
DAY 3: LAS GUACAMAYAS – LACANJA CHANSAYAB
- Breakfast in Las Guacamayas.
- Free morning to enjoy the tour in Chiapas. Walk in the jungle paths, or take a boat tour on the River Tzendales and Lacantun to see the fauna of the place. You will be surprised seeing macaw, parrots, toucans, cranes and eagles, among others.
- 12:00 p.m. 2 ½ transfer to the Lacanja Chansayab community. Lodging in equipped cabins.
Lodging: Ecotouristc Lacanja center.
DAY 4: LACANDONA JUNGLE – LACANJA CHANSAYAB
- Breakfast in Lacanjá.
- Free day in the Chiapas jungle. This experience sustainable tourism in Chiapas offer you optional activities:
- Rafting down the Lacanjá River (4 hours of activity). The first hour is a sequence of small waterfalls (less than a meter) and some bigger one (up to 2.50 meters high). After one more hour, you get to the archaeological site of Lacanjá, which is 15 minutes away the riverside walking through the jungle. Visit the Moctuniha waterfall, where you can swim in the crystal clean water and have an energetic lunch. Return to the cabins takes about 1 hour and 15 min walking through dense jungle foliage. (Activity not recommendable for children under 8 years).
- A walk through the Chiapas jungle guided by a Lacandon who will explain the use of some medicine plants. You will learn about some of the traditions and beliefs of the Lacandona community.
Lodging: Ecotouristic Lacanja Center
DAY 5: BONAMPAK AND YAXCHILAN ARCHAEOLOGICAL ZONES – PALENQUE
- Breakfast in Lacanjá. Continue our tour in Chiapas
- 7:30 a.m. Check out and a visit Bonampak with its ancient murals that will take us to the fascinating past of the Mayan Culture.
- Later on, we will go to Frontera Corozal where we will take a boat down Usumacinta River to reach to one of the principal tourist attractions of Chiapas: the lost city of Yaxchilan. One of the prettiest cities of the Maya Culture located along the river, surrounded with a thick vegetation.
- 4:00 p.m. Time for lunch at Frontera Corozal. Return to Palenque arriving 7:00 p.m. approximately.
4*Hotel: Maya Tulipanes or Nututun / VIP HOTEL: Villa Mercedes, Chan Kah, Ciudad Real,Quinta Chanab Nal.
DAY 6: PALENQUE ARCHAEOLOGICAL ZONE – TRANSFER TO PALENQUE AIRPORT
- Our last day of the tour in Chiapas. Breakfast at hotel.
- We will visit one of the main attractions in Chiapas: Palenque archaeological zone. One of the most important cities of the Maya Culture. We will explore and see the Skull Temple, Temple of the Inscriptions, Red Queen’s Temple, and Temple of the Crosses as well as the Principal Palace of Palenque. Later, we will be transfered to Palenque Airport.
END OF OUR SERVICES
Travel Tip: Optional transfer to Tuxtla Gutierrez arriving at 7:00 p.m. approximately.
This Experience sustainable tourism in Chiapas it includes:
- 5 LODGING NIGHTS:
- One night in San Cristobal de las Casas
- One night in Las Guacamayas cabins
- Two nights in Lacanja Chansayab cabins
- One night in Palenque
- 5 AMERICAN BREAKFASTS: Bread, butter, fruit, juice eggs any style, coffee or tea.
- 5 DAYS OF PRIVATE GROUND TRANSPORTATION IN A VAN: With air condition, background music and travelers insurance.
- 5 DAYS OF TOURIST DRIVER
- 5 DAYS OF ENGLISH SPEAKING GUIDE
- ENTRANCE FEES TO THE PLACES MENTIONED IN THE ITINERARY
This tour does not include:
- Air transfers from or to city of origin.
- Meals or dinners any day.
- Tips to bellboys, guides, drivers and waiters.
THIS PACKAGE IS TAILOR MADE FOR MORE THAN TWO PEOPLE.
SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
FOR PRICES PLEASE CONTACT US