THE BEST OF CHIAPAS: The ultimate adventure Chiapas Tours
7 Days / 6 nights
Day 1: WELCOME AT VILLAHERMOSA AIRPORT –PALENQUE ARCHEOLOGICAL ZONE – PALENQUE MAGIC TOWN
- Welcome at Villahermosa, Tabasco airport. Travel Tip: Book your flight in order to arrive to Villahermosa between 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. to have time for the activities of the first day. And begin our Tour in one of the wonderful places to visit in Mexico
- Two hours trip to the North of Chiapas. We will visit some of the best of Chiapas: Palenque archaeological zone. One of the most important cities of the Mayan Culture. We will explore and walk inside the Temple of the Skull, Temple of the Inscriptions, Temple of the Red Queen, Temple of the Crosses and the Great Palace of Palenque. There will also be time to visit the museum, where you will see a replica of the tomb of Pakal, one of the main findings of this legendary city.
- Transfer to the Palenque Hotel to spend the night.
Hotel 4*: Maya Tulipanes| Hotel VIP: Villa Mercedes, Chan Kah
Day 2: YAXCHILAN AND BONAMPAK ARCHEOLOGICAL ZONES – LACANJA.
- 6:00 a.m. Breakfast included. We will go to the Lacandona jungle.
8:00 a.m. Later we will go to Frontera Corozal where we will take a boat down the Usumacinta River to reach one of the main tourist attractions of Chiapas, the lost city of Yaxchilan, one of the most beautiful cities of the Mayan World located along the river, surrounded by thick vegetation. Afterwards there will be time for a light meal. Without any doubt, the best of Chiapas is Yaxchilan and Bonampak.
- Later on, we will visit Bonampak where we’ll see ancient wall paintings that will take us to the fascinating past of the Mayan Culture.
- 5:30 p.m. End of our tour in the Lacanja Chansayab community. Overnight in the Lacandon cottages.
Overnight in Lacandon cottages
Day 3: LACANDONA JUNGLE (THE BEST OF CHIAPAS JUNGLE) – THE GUACAMAYAS
- Breakfast included in Lacanja.
- Spare morning to do any of the following optional activities:
1) Rafting down the Lacanjá River (4 hours of activity). The first hour is a sequence of small waterfalls less than a meter high and some large (2.50 meters high). After one more hour, you get to the archaeological zone of Lacanja, which is 15 minutes away, the riverside walking through the jungle. Moctuniha waterfall where you can swim in the crystal water and get an energy lunch. Coming back to the cabins takes about 1 hour and 15 min walking through dense jungle foliage. (Activity not recommended for children under 8 years).
2) A walk through the best of Chiapas jungle guided by a Lacandon who will explain the use of some medicine plants. You will also know about some of the traditions and beliefs of the Lacandona community.
- 1:00 p.m. 2 ¼ transfer to Las Guacamayas ecotourism center to have lunch and overnight. Lodging: Las Guacamayas ecotourism center.
Lodging: Ecotourism Center Las Guacamayas.
Day 4: LAS GUACAMAYAS – LACANTUM RIVER – MONTEBELLO LAGOONS– COMITAN DE DOMINGUEZ MAGIC TOWN
- 6:30 a.m. We begin our tour to Chiapas with a two-hour trip along the Tzendales and Lacantum Rivers, to see the local fauna. You will be surprised watching macaw, parrots, cranes, toucans, eagles, monkeys and others. Breakfast included at Las Guacamayas.
- 11:00 a.m. We will go to Montebello Lagoons National Park to see the different lagoons and ponds surrounded by the forest. Some of the lagoons that we will visit are Pojoj Tziscao, Montebello, Five Lakes, Enchanted and Emerald, the best of Chiapas. You will have time to enjoy the landscape and have lunch as well as optional activities such as horseback, riding or kayaking.
- 5:30 p.m. We will continue our trip to Comitan de Dominguez Magic Town to spend the night.
Day 5: EL CHIFLON WATERFALLS – SAN CRISTOBAL DE LAS CASAS MAGIC TOWN
- Breakfast included. Today you will head to the best of chiapas waterfalls.
- 9:00 a.m. Your day’s excursion begins by walking along the San Vicente river to reach the highest waterfall “Velo de Novia” (Bride’s veil). “Angel Wing” and “Sigh” are other waterfalls you’ll see. Stop at viewpoints to photograph cascading waterfalls. You’ll have time to freshen up in the crystal clear waters and / or do the zip line. Travel tip: The optional zip line activity is not included. Bring a change of clothes and personal towel, in case you wish to swim. This activities are great for a family tour in Mexico.
- 12:30 p.m. We return to San Cristobal de las Casas to spend the night. Lodging in San Cristobal de las Casas Magic Town.
Lodging in San Cristobal de las Casas
Day 6: FREE DAY IN SAN CRISTOBAL DE LAS CASAS MAGIC TOWN
- San Cristobal could be one of the best of Chiapas Magic Towns.
- Breakfast at hotel and spare morning. Stroll through its colorful corridors, enjoy a delicious coffee or do some shopping you will find handicrafts. You may also visit some museums like Amber Museum, Jade Museum, Coffee Museum, etc. Hotel in San Cristobal.
- Consult our Travel Blog section to find out which activities you can do in San Cristobal. Lodging in San Cristobal de las Casas.
Lodging in San Cristobal de las Casas
DAY 7: SUMIDERO CANYON – CHIAPA DE CORZO MAGIC TOWN– TUXTLA GUTIERREZ AIRPORT
- Breakfast included. Today, the best of Chiapas tour ends.
- 9:00 a.m. Depart the hotel. We will take a boat tour at the Sumidero Canyon, one of the greatest attractions of Chiapas. On the way, you will be able to see wild animals like crocodiles, monkeys, ducks and parrots.
- 12:30 p.m. We will visit the colonial Chiapa de Corzo Magic Town, where there will be time to visit the main plaza, the Santo Domingo ex convent, have lunch and taste typical dishes. Later, we will transfer you to Tuxtla Gutierrez Airport for your flight back home. Travel Tip: Book your flight between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m. In case you take an earlier flight, the Chiapa de Corzo Magic Town visit will be cancelled.
END OF OUR SERVICES
This ultimate adventure Chiapas Tours includes:
- 6 hotel nights
- One night in Palenque
- Two nights in Lacanja Chansayab cottages
- One night in Las Guacamayas cottages
- One night in Comitan de Dominguez
- Two nights in San Cristobal de las Casas
- 6 American Breakfast: Bread, butter, fruit, juice, eggs any style, coffee or tea.
- 6 days of GROUND transportation: With air conditioner, background music, and traveler´s insurance. A car, van or sprinter unit will be assigned depending on the number of persons in the group.
- 6 days of a touristic driver.
- ENTRANCE fees to the places of interest mentioned in the itinerary.
- 6 days of english speaking guide.
- Air transport to and from city of origin.
- Meals or dinners.
- Tips to bellboy, guides, drivers and waiters.
THIS PACKAGE IS TAILOR MADE TOUR FOR MORE THAN TWO PEOPLE.
SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
FOR PRICES PLEASE CONTACT US