QUINTANA ROO, CAMPECHE AND CHIAPAS
Mayan archaeological tours
5 Nights / 6 Days
Enjoy your vacations with an extraordinary journey to Mexico, visiting beautiful states that are part of the Mayan Route.
DAY 1: CENOTE – TULUM ARCHAEOLOGICAL ZONE – AND MAGICAL TOWN
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome at Playa del Carmen, Rivera Maya or Tulum Hotel. We will began our journey visiting the Cenote Sac Actun. You will be swim in its clear waters between stalactites and calcified columns. Travel Tip: Safety vest, goggles and snorkel are provided.
- 1:00 p.m. We will go to Tulum archaeological zone, we will have time for lunch (not included). Tulum was one of the most significant Mayan city of the XII and XIV centuries being an essential stop for the commercial route of the Mayas. You will visit The Castle, Descending God Temple, The Frescos Temple as well as to enjoy a lovely sight of the Caribbean Sea. .
- Time for lunch (not included) and transfer to Tulum Magical Town. Hotel in Tulum.
Lodging in Tulum
DAY 2: FREE MORNING IN MAHAHUAL – MAGICAL TOWN OF BACALAR
- Spare morning in Mahahual. Enjoy this beautiful place of calm waves and reefs. Get up and relax. If you prefer to have an activity you can snorkel a few meters from the shore of the beach and if you prefer more adrenaline you can visit Barra Chinchorro, a coral atoll that is a Natural Reserve and where you can dive and snorkel to observe its enormous biodiversity.
- 3:00 p.m. A two and ¼ hours transfer to another paradisiacal site, the Magical Town of Bacalar, arriving at 5:15 p.m. approximately.
Lodging in Bacalar
DAY 3: SAN FELIPE FORT – SEVEN COLORS LAGOON – CALAKMUL
- Breakfast included.
- 9:00 a.m. We will go to San Felipe Fort. It has two miniature boats, arms replicas, and other attractive gadgets for the children.
- 10:30 a.m. We will take a boat that will take you to the Bacalar Lagoon or Lagoon of Seven Colors. You will enjoy views of the lagoon, see the pirates canal. You will have time to swim with included goggles and safety vests. Travel Tip: It is advisable to bring some extra clothes and personal towel in case you wish to swim.
- 12:30 p.m. Return to the hotel to check out and have time for eat. (Not included).
- 3:30 p.m. A 2 hours transfer to Calakmul to spend the night.
4* Hotels: Chicanna Ecovillage / VIP Hotels: Hotel Puerta Calakmul
DAY 4: VISIT TO THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL ZONE OF CALAKMUL – PALENQUE MAGICAL TOWN
- Breakfast included.
- 7:00 a.m. Continuing our Mayan archaeological tours, we will go to Calakmul archaeological zone, located inside of the Biosphere Reserve of Calakmul. Besides, you will enjoy the nature observing different species of birds and exotic mammals. This site has 6,750 antique structures that stand out, the Great Pyramid that is 55 meters high, and a second pyramid rises up to 42 meters, tombs, the Ball Game and other important buildings. This important Mayan city was a key role in the history of the region for more than 12 centuries, and it is a sample of the political and spiritual development of the Mayas, that is worth knowing.
- 2:00 p.m. A 4-hour transfer to Palenque Magical Town to spend the night.
4* Hotels: Maya Tulipanes / VIP Hotels: Chan Kah, Villa Mercedes.
DAY 5: PALENQUE ARCHAEOLOGICAL ZONE – WATERFALL – PALENQUE
- Breakfast included.
- 8:30 a.m. We will visit one of the main tourist attractions in Chiapas: Palenque archaeological zone, one of the most important cities of the Mayan Culture. We will explore and walk inside the Temple of the Skull, Temple of the Inscriptions, Temple of the Red Queen, Temple of the Crosses and the Great Palace of Palenque. There will be time to visit the site museum, where you will see a replica of the tomb of Pakal, one of the main findings of this legendary city.
- 11:30 a.m. We will go to a near waterfall were you can swim. Travel Tip: It is advisable to bring some extra clothes and personal towel in case you wish to swim.
4*Hotels: Maya Tulipanes / VIP Hotels: Chan Kah, Villa Mercedes.
DAY 6: PALENQUE OR VILLAHERMOSA AIRPORT – GOOD TRIP
- Breakfast at hotel. Transfer to Palenque airport (frequency of flights Thursdays and Sundays) or to the Villahermosa airport.
Note: You can take a flight back to Cancun or other cities like Merida, Mexico City, Guadalajara and Monterrey from Villahermosa.
END OF SERVICES
Note: We can quote lodging nights previous the tour to Playa del Carmen. Contact us to quote.
This tour includes:
The Quintana Roo, Chiapas and Campeche package includes:
- 5 NIGHTS OF LODGING:
- One night in Tulum
- One night in Bacalar
- One night in Calakmul
- Two nights in Palenque
- 5 AMERICAN BREAKFAST: Bread, butter, fruit, juice, eggs any style, coffee or tea.
- 6 DAYS OF PRIVATE GROUND TRANSPORTATION IN A VAN: With a/c, background music and travelers insurance.
- 6 DAYS OF A TOURIST DRIVER
- 6 DAYS OF ENGLISH SPEAKING GUIDE
- ENTRANCE FEES TO THE TOURIST ATTRACTIONS MENTIONED IN THE ITINERARY
- Air transportation from and to city of origin.
- Meals or dinners of any day.
- Tips to guides, bellboys, drievers andwaiters.
- Optional activities or additional services not mentioned in the itinerary.
THIS PACKAGE IS TAILOR MADE TOUR FOR MORE THAN TWO PEOPLE.
SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
FOR PRICES PLEASE CONTACT US