MAYA ROUTE: MAYAN ADVENTURE TRAVEL
7 DAYS / 6 NIGHTS
DAY 1: WELCOME AT VILLAHERMOSA AIRPORT – ¨LA VENTA¨ MUSEUM OR YUMKA – PALENQUE
- Welcome at Villahermosa airport between 8:00 and 11:00 am. And begin our tour in one of the wonderful places to visit in Mexico.
- Transfer to La Venta Park Museum, which is one of the main tourist attraction of Villahermosa. It is an outdoor museum that treasures one of the biggest collection of pieces belonging to the Olmeca or Yumka Culture, this place is great for families with children, due to its an environmental recreation center and offers the opportunity to see the jungle ecosystems, savanna and lagoon of the region. You can observe some animals in liberty. The park is open for the public from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. every day.
- Later, 2 hour transfer to the hotel in Palenque. Travel Tip: You can have lunch in Villahermosa before leaving.
4* and VIP hotels are available.
DAY 2: PALENQUE ARCHAEOLOGICAL ZONE – MISOL-HA WATERFALL OR ROBERTO BARRIOS WATERFALLS – PALENQUE
- Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast continue our Chiapas tour.
- 8:00 a.m. We will go to Palenque archaeological zone, one of the most impressive places to visit in Mexico. We will be able to explore and visit the Skull Temples, Inscriptions Temple, Red Queen´s Temple, Crosses Temple as well as the Principal Palace of Palenque. As well as the Queen’s baths. After this tour, we will go to Palenque’s waterfalls: Misol Ha or Roberto Barrios. Spare time to enjoy the natural attraction beauty.
- Return to Palenque to spend the night.
4* and VIP hotels available.
DAY 3: TRANSFER TO CAMPECHE
- Breakfast at hotel. ¡And let’s keep living the mayan adventure travel!
- 9:00 a.m. A 5 hour transfer to Campeche City. Tip: We recommend to have lunch on route or when arriving to Campeche (meal not included). Arriving at 3:00 p.m. approximately. Check-in and spare afternoon to visit this lovely walled city. Campeche city is one of the places to visit in Mexico that you can not miss.
Travel Tip: Visit the most important points of the Historical Center in the trolley, visit the bastions and museums surrounding the Historical Center, visit the Cathedral dedicated to Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, there is also the chapel of the Black Christ, enjoy a delicious meal in the gastronomic street on 59th Street where the tables. and chairs are located along the street, a stroll along the boardwalk, or visit Fort San Miguel and at night you can enjoy the night light and sound show at Puerta de Tierra called “El lugar del Sol”
- Overnight at Campeche.
4* and VIP hotels available
DAY 4: – VISIT TO UXMAL ARCHAEOLOGICAL ZONE – MERIDA
- Breakfast at hotel. Begin another rousing day of adventure with this Merida tour.
- 8:00 a.m. We will go to a wonder Mayan Culture declared World Heritage: Uxmal, this city has an architecture Puuc style, traditional in this zone, besides being distributed in a quadrangular design in which we can observe one of the Mayas most beautiful and relevant ancient cities, and that is the reason why it is one of the places to visit in Mexico.
We will admire its structures and go back in time to learn about this ancestral culture. In the buildings that you will see are the House of the Prophet, Governor’s Palace, The Convent, among others.
- Ending the visit, we will transfer you to Merida where you will have spare time and spend the night.
Travel tip: It is recommended to stroll trough the Paseo Montejo, Merida’s longest and most beautiful avenue (with more than 5km) and admire its old houses and colonial buildings dating The Colony and Porfiriato time. Every night there is a free cultural event in different places in downtown Merida. Know more in the following link or contact us for more information.
Optional: Spend the night in Uxmal and enjoy the nighttime light and sound show.
VIP and *4 hotels available.
DAY 5: VISIT TO THE HACIENDA SOTUTA DE PEON – CENOTE – MERIDA
- Breakfast at hotel. Check out. Last day of our Merida Tour.
- 8:15 a.m. We will go to the Hacienda Soluta de Peon, where we will have an interesting 2-hour journey to the past while we enjoy of the most important points of the Hacienda. While going through the Hacienda you will feel transported in time, since you will be going aboard wooden platforms over rails called “Trucks” that are pulled by mules, just as the workers used them in that time.
- Here, you will be able to know the transformation process of the Henequen (also called in this region Green Gold), from the plant to the fiber, and from the fiber to the finished product. Besides, we will to visit a typical Maya house and also refresh yourself in the best kept secret of the Hacienda, the Cenote, where you will be able to swim in its beautiful rivers of fresh and crystalline waters, or if you prefer you can also swim in the Hacienda’s swimming pool that is surrounded by an spectacular vegetation. At the end of the trip, there will be time, if you wish, to have lunch in the Hacienda. (Meal not included).
- Transfer to the hotel in Merida.
4* and VIP hotels available.
DAY 6 – TOUR TO THE RIA CELESTUN BIOSPHERE RESERVE – MERIDA
- Breakfast at Hotel.
- 8:00 a.m. Two hour transfer to the Ria Celestun Biosphere reserve, it is one of the reserves with greater richness of species and interdependent ecosystems, that is, mangroves, dunes, petenes, low jungle and pastures. When you are there you will understand because it is one of the best places to visit in Mexico. One of the main attraction of the reserve is the birds observation, since Ria Celestun is one of the main places for resting, feeding and reproduction of a great variety of birds among them the colonies of beautiful pink flamingos. ¡Surprising! This mayan adventure travel includes a boat ride lasting a little less than 2 hours by the ria, the mangroves and the birds island, as well as having time to swim in crystalline waters.
Travel Tip: The flamingos are nervous birds, so we ask you not to scare them or make them fly. We recommend you to enjoy them silently and do not forget to have your camera or video ready.
- Ending the tour at 12:00 p.m. approximately, you will have time to have lunch and taste seafood caught by the local fishermen in a restaurant in front of the sea. Travel Tip: It is advisable to bring some extra clothes and personal towel in case you wish to swim.
- 3:00 p.m. We will return to the hotel in Merida arriving at 5:00 p.m. approximately.
- Dinner free.
4* and VIP hotels available.
DAY 7 – VISIT TO THE CHICHEN ITZA ARCHAEOLOGICAL ZONE – CENOTE IKKIL – MERIDA AIRPORT
- Breakfast at hotel. This day, you will conclude your Merida tour with a comprehensive exploration.
- 8:00 a.m. Departure to the archaeological zone of Chichen Itza, Wonder of the World of the Maya Culture and also World Heritage. One of the best archeological places to visit in Mexico. You will be able to see The Observatory, the Ball Game, Temple of the Thousand Columns and the famous Kulkulkan Pyramide where twice a year, during the equinox, the feathered serpent formed by the sun comes down.
- 1:00 p.m. We will continue our mayan adventure travel visiting the perfect combination: a refreshing visit to the Cenote Ikkil where you will be able to enjoy its underground waters and, the beautiful landscape that surrounds them.
- Lunch time and later on, we will return to the hotel in Merida, or if you prefer to the hotel in Cancun to end this beautiful tour of the Mayan World. Travel Tip: We can also transfer you directly to Merida airport, arriving at 5:00 p.m. and take a flight that leaves after 7:30 p.m.
END OF OUR SERVICES
The Ruta Maya package includes:
- 6 NIGHTS OF LODGING IN HOTELS ACCORDING TO SELECTED CATEGORY:
- Two nights in Palenque
- One night in Campeche.
- Three nights in Merida.
- 6 AMERICAN BREAKFASTS: Bread, butter, fruit, juice, eggs any style, coffee or tea.
- 7 DAYS OF GROUND TRANSPORTATION IN AUTOMOBILE OR VAN (Depending on the number of passengers) Units with a/c, music, video, safety belts and RC insurance.
- 7 DAYS OF TOURIST DRIVER AND ENGLISH SPEAKING GUIDE.
- ENTRANCE FEES TO TOURIST ATTRACTIONS: Park Museum “La Venta” or Yumka”, Misol Ha or Roberto Barrios Waterfall, Eco-parque “Aluxes”, Palenque, Chichen Itza, Uxma, Cenote Ikkil, Boat ride in Ria Celestun and Hacienda Sotuta de Peon.
- GROUND TRANSFERS ARRIVING AND LEAVING. From the Villahermosa airport in the initial date and time set, to Merida’s airport at the end of the tour.
The package does not include:
- Air transfers from or to the city of origin.
- Meals, dinners, refreshments any day.
- Tips to guides, bellboys, waiters, drivers and maids.
- Optional activities or services not mentioned in the itinerary.
THIS PACKAGE IS TAILOR MADE TOUR FOR MORE THAN TWO PEOPLE.
SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
FOR THE PRICES PLEASE CONTACT US